Oct 4, 2002

24 Hours of Adrenaline (Part 2)

It’s been nearly a week since the 24 Hours of Adrenalin and I still haven’t ridden a bicycle since about 10:something A.M. last Sunday. I’ve mounted a stationary bike and a spin bike, but not an actual bicycle and it’s not because I’m tired of riding. It’s because the days have gotten too short to put in a good daylight ride after work. It’s all night rides from here on out I’m afraid.

Everyone keeps asking me about the 24-hour and without going into a Steinbeck of a story, I’ll just say it went okay. The team rode well and we all turned consistent sub-hour lap times with the exception of one of Jeroen’s laps, which was a couple minutes over an hour. I did the Lemans start and actually led all 200-something teams about halfway through the run, but just before reaching the transition area I popped and fell back to about 15th or so. Other than a nasty get-off during my first night lap everything went so-so. Like I said before I was disappointed with my performance, but I guess that can be expected this late in the season. The biggest obstacle to overcome (besides the drizzle, rain, cold, lack of sleep and getting up in the middle of the night to do laps) was definitely the amount of lappers that we had to deal with. I never really got a good clean lap in because I was constantly trying to find ways around people. I’m glad that the turn out was so high, but riding around and sometimes over people really takes a lot of energy. It’s all fun and so are a lot of the team names that people come up with.

No Bluff too Tuff
Holy Spokes
Bastard Sons of Gary Fisher (based on the band, Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash)
Insomniacs
You’re Killing Me Larry! (of Sit N’ Sleep commercial fame)
Dusty Dames
Honey, Do These Shorts Make Me Look Fat?
Yaks Can Climb Version 2.0 (I have no idea, but I found it funny)
Team In Your Way (I remember that team)
Oops, I Crapped My Pants (a great Saturday Night Live reference)
24 Hours of Ineptitude
All Balls No Brains
Testosterone Bonding Club
Tick Magnets

Tip of the Day
“When choosing between two evils, always choose the one you haven’t tried.” – Mae West

Why didn't I think of that?
I heard about this chick on the radio a few weeks ago and kind of forgot about it until Trevor reminded me. His email cracked me up. Take it away Trevor...

Hey, have you seen this: www.savekaryn.com
I can't believe the nerve of this chick. I think I'll start my own website: www.daddyneedsanewpairofshoes.com and
put pictures of my ratty vans up there and see how many suckers will send me a dollar...
-Trevor


Okay, it’s Friday and I’m eager to get away from the computer so I’m out.
-freemanrace@aol.com

No comments: