Nov 14, 2008

Now if only reality TV had my artistic standards

How many of you out there are actually aware of how much hard work it requires to maintain an interesting blog? Yes, there are many a blogger who will throw up just about anything to keep their blog from going without a post every couple of days. I say nay. Nay to that.

Painstaking thought and brainstorming, a lengthy outlining process, and frequent edits are just three of the dozen steps I take to finalize an intriguing narrative, anecdote, parable, and even the occasional fable. I even sometimes check spelling and grammar before lighting the fuse. And forget about it if there’s not at least one quality image to accompany my chronicle. It better be one helluva yarn to go live without an Associated Press quality photo.

Only after all the required steps are met do you, the reader, get to lay eyes on my e-memoir. So, I could sit and write all about how Trevor, Christie, Steve and I went for a night ride on Thursday, and how Ryder and I kick out the jams while we’re in the car, and how I locked myself out of the house the other morning, and how me and Johnson saw the Pleiss’ at Panera Bread during lunch, and how I’m dangerously addicted to Ohana self-serve Fro-Yo, or even how the Great Southern California Shakeout turned into an actual disaster when only one person on my floor at work participated in the drill. But I say nay.

Instead of a daily account of my mundane life as a bike racer (and in turn a pipe dreamer), an emotionally unhealthy admirer of Shane MacGowan, T. Duggins, and Bob Dylan, and a hopeless romantic that yearns for of all things yesteryear (including the indoor shopping mall), I present to you this:


The greatest Etch-A-Sketch of all time.



Now that's punk rock.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Great post Matt. If you hadn't found this already while looking for your Etch-A-Sketch art, check this out

http://www.webtvhub.com/lebron-james-etch-a-sketch-artist-video-watch-art-in-action/

Anonymous said...

Matt,

I love reading your blog. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it. I would only ask that you include more shots of yourself, with as little on as possible. Just kidding....

One of your many fans. I wish to remain anonymous to keep you and my fellow readers guessing........

Anonymous said...

Hey Anonymous, I have a picture of Matt urinating in public. Would that suffice?

mattfreemanrace@yahoo.com said...

Blum, I thought you sold the rights of that picture to TMZ?