Mar 17, 2006

Meanwhile, at work...

While most everyone else was time trialing 3.8 miles up Glendora Mountain Road, I was stuck at work. It wasn't all bad. We took one of the K&N vans out & hit some triple jumps. On the third go-around the front bumper finally came off, so we called it good & went back to work.

Tomorrow Templeman & I are going to Vail Lake for a XC race, rain or shine. Yeah, I've been sick, but I figured, "What the hell. If it doesn't kill me or give me pneumonia, it will make me stronger."

Before the bumper fell off.

An Email From Trevor

"Not sure who Scot Martin is, but ran across this and thought you'd appreciate it:

'To be a cyclist is to be a student of pain....at cycling's core lies pain, hard and bitter as the pit inside a juicy peach. It doesn't matter if you're sprinting for an Olympic medal, a town sign, a trailhead, or the rest stop with the homemade brownies. If you never confront pain, you're missing the essence of the sport. Without pain, there's no adversity. Without adversity, no challenge. Without challenge, no improvement. No improvement, no sense of accomplishment and no deep-down joy. Might as well be playing Tiddly-Winks.' -- Scott Martin

-Trevor"

Purely Subjective

Gotta go. Ryder's waiting for his dad to come home & play with him.


No comments: