Jul 10, 2010

There oughta be a law

Let me start right off the bat by saying that if you’re one of those people who think I shouldn’t complain about work because I should feel lucky to have a job, then read no further. Click your back button or read someone else’s hack blog. I’m making no excuses. This is a blog about my disdain for having to work this weekend, July 10-11, 2010.

Why, you ask? Because I’m stuck inside the San Diego Convention Center on a weekend when there is a whole lot of other cool stuff going on. For example, and in no particular order:

  • My nephew, Destry Lanza is celebrating his 4th birthday on Saturday with a bike-themed birthday party and because I have to work this weekend my parents had to take Ryder to the party.
  • The Tour de France travels to the Alps starting Saturday and my hotel lacks the Versus channel.
  • The World Cup Final is on Sunday.
  • Trish is on a lake in Michigan – a lake I was invited to.
  • There is a California State XC race in Big Bear on Sunday.
  • There is a US Cup Stage Race in Colorado Springs this weekend.

And I’m missing all of it.

There oughta be a law against working on the weekends unless that work is retail or racing.

1 comment:

mattfreemanrace@yahoo.com said...

Hi Nasreen! Love the Seinfeld reference.
And congrats on your new arrival!