Let me start right off the bat by saying that if you’re one of those people who think I shouldn’t complain about work because I should feel lucky to have a job, then read no further. Click your back button or read someone else’s hack blog. I’m making no excuses. This is a blog about my disdain for having to work this weekend, July 10-11, 2010.
Why, you ask? Because I’m stuck inside the San Diego Convention Center on a weekend when there is a whole lot of other cool stuff going on. For example, and in no particular order:
- My nephew, Destry Lanza is celebrating his 4th birthday on Saturday with a bike-themed birthday party and because I have to work this weekend my parents had to take Ryder to the party.
- The Tour de France travels to the Alps starting Saturday and my hotel lacks the Versus channel.
- The World Cup Final is on Sunday.
- Trish is on a lake in Michigan – a lake I was invited to.
- There is a California State XC race in Big Bear on Sunday.
- There is a US Cup Stage Race in Colorado Springs this weekend.
And I’m missing all of it.
There oughta be a law against working on the weekends unless that work is retail or racing.