Jul 1, 2010

Rim Nordic



I’ve never raced in an actual World Cup, but I’ve ridden a couple of World Cup race courses. The race course at Rim Nordic in Running Springs, CA are indeed World Cup quality. I can’t say I’m a huge fan of Rim Nordic because it can be blazing hot there and the climbs are very steep, but the bottom line is, if the facilities around Rim Nordic were better, I bet it would be on the US Cup, and maybe even the World Cup short list.

All of that said, I raced at Rim Nordic last weekend. It was a shorter-than-usual race and I got a shorter-than-usual warm up, so I got a worse-than-usual placing. I’m taking it all in stride though as my sights are set on the National Championships in Granby, CO in a couple weeks. My never-ending quest for a Singlespeed Nat’l Championship continues…

2 comments:

Trish said...

I don't get any credits for the pic after hours of standing out in the heat and the dust? What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

That area around Granby is awesome. I did some mtn biking there along with some fishing. Make sure you plan a trip into Rocky Mtn National Park!!