Sep 4, 2005

Let's Get Some Tacos

Ryder & I went to the parent's house last night for tacos while Denise was at Cindy's pseudo bachlorette party. The tacos were good, the dogs were bad (with the exception of Shilo) & Ryder got a little fussy as the night progressed. He was pretty tired by the time we left. Earlier in the evening, I got some photos using a replacement digi-cam thanks to Denise's mom.


Ryder & his Aunt Meredith, who by the way is NOT a regular reader of this blog.


When Mollie barks, Ryder laughs.


Great Grandma Joyce filling in for Denise.

BEING HELD DOWN BY THE WOMAN

The Real James Williams came down from Big Bear yesterday to do a road ride before picking up Lauren at the airport. Originally we had planned an easy spin, but we ended up doning the whole RBC ride & almost ended up doing time. Half way into the ride, after making the left off of LaSeirra on to Victoria (I think that's the street name), James & I are both riding on the front with the usual suspects; Norm, Scott Cochran, Zuke & even Scott McAfee. We're all taking pulls & all of a sudden I look back & James & I have a huge gap on the other 50 or so dudes behind us, which is unusual for a couple of climbers on such a flat stretch of road. What I didn't see was the cop car to our left, but within a few seconds she made her presence known when she got on her loud speaker & according to James, said something like, "This is not an organized race. Fall back to your group. I've been following you since LaSeirra." That's what James heard. I heard, "The south will rise again." Despite what she said, her presence explained our two-man break. Apparently she had already warned the back of pack, so the two of us sat up. Too bad because moments before she shattered our glory, I had looked down at my computure & we were carrying a pace of over 30 mph. The rest of the ride went as usual. It hurt.

No blog written by a 20- or 30-something would be complete without a coffee reference every now & then, so here's mine. After the ride, I bought a bag of coffee beans at GFE. It's called IE something another & the cool part is that its roasted in Mentone, right around the corner from my house on Crafton. I'm supporting the local economy & supporting my addiction at the same time. By the way, GFE was giving free coffee & ice tea to all bike people yesterday.

Denise & I are going to breakfast this morning. Then I'll go for a mtb ride & she'll continue to prepare for the school year that starts Tuesday. I can see Morton Peak fire look out from the office window of my house. It looks nice & clear up there. That may be where I'm headed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any more pics of Aunt Meredith? Some bikini pics of her washing your van perhaps? I expect a response within 72 hours.