Apr 3, 2006

I Guess I'll Race Myself Into Shape...

I've managed to stay healthy for about 2 weeks now, but the weather has been shotty, so quality rides have been few & far between. The K&N Performance team kits finally arrived on Friday & the fact that I wanted to show it off on Saturday morning was the only thing that got me out of bed & on to wet roads. I did the Raincross ride & it turned out to be a good one. I rolled off the front early on. Later Trevor & Padilla bridged up to me & that was all she wrote. The three of us stayed out on our own the whole way despite rain & a stiff headwind. Good work men.

Ryder's First Redlands Classic
Since I wasn't racing, Denise & I took Ryder down to the Classic on Saturday & Sunday. He was the perfect kid & it was cool to show him off. We saw a lot of friends that we hadn't seen in a long time. I opted out of Sunday's Pro1/2 crit & I'm glad I did. A pile up in the last turn left many dudes on the ground & one dude in the hospital for a couple of days. I'm sure I would have gotten caught up in since my sprint sucks & I'd be flailing around in the back.


The upside to Sea Otter is that the course is rarely dry & dusty. The downside to Sea Otter is that the course is rarely dry & dusty.
Yeah, that's right. Rain is in the forecast for Monterey & we're headed straight into the eye of the storm. I sure am glad Johnson put new cables on the 9.8 last night. Actually, he put XTR discs on it too. I swore I'd never have a race bike with discs again, but my XT-equipped 8500 made me a believer. Next thing you know, I'll be racing a full suspension bike.

I'm getting board with this post, so I'll end it with this info: Go to www.inlandvalleyelite.com & click on the Photo tab to see photos of Christie & Teri wearing the new team clothing. Josh, Templeman & the two girls went down to race Sagebrush as a Sea Otter tune-up last weekend, with mixed results. I stayed home & mowed the lawn, also with mixed results.

No comments: