Aug 11, 2005

Big Fish. Little Pond.

I was all set to give a Tuesday Night Sunset report & then I ran across this photo from the Boulder, CO Tuesday night training ride. Yep, I do believe that’s one Tyler Hamilton in the green & yellow Phonak kit. I fear the return of Jonathan Weaver, who recently moved to Boulder & is rumored to be coming back to Redlands for a while. If he’s hitting the group ride in Boulder, we may all be in trouble up on Sunset. Maybe we should demand a blood test from Weaver when he arrives.

Speaking of blood, I will say this about Sunset. Josh & I put our extra red blood cells to the test when I launched an attack on the second lap. We took Todd Parks with us & Fulford almost made it, but he couldn’t quite cover the gap. Turns out, spending 4 days at 10,000 ft. works pretty well. On the cool down lap, Marine Tom, who hails from 29 Palms said, “I always get my gas money’s worth when Freeman’s here.” Apparently, we’d all get our gas money’s worth if we drove to Boulder next Tuesday…

Tonight my parents, Meredith, Joey & my Grandma are coming over for dinner. Hopefully my mom will bring Molly, the puppy. Sala needs a little harassment. I think Lucas & Jackie got into town yesterday, so I’m trying to reach them. Denise is making brownies for dessert & we've got lots of ice cream. I'll earn dessert tonight at the necessary evil that is crit practice...

A man and his recliner.



This morning Sala & I got up early & went rock collecting. Mentone is a great place to collect rocks.

This one's our favorite. We rescued the little guy/girl from beneath two bowling ball size boulders.



Sala wants me to get this painted on the back of the van.


1 comment:

jimmywill said...

that wolf painting is so beautiful--i've never seen one like it...its very spiritual and moves me in unmentionable ways...
looking forward to crit practice report. hell, i may never come down the hill again since all i have to do now is read about it now.